Panasonic 50GT30 niggle

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Everytime I turn the TV on, it automatically goes straight into freeview mode.

Annoyingly i have to grab the panasonic remote & press the av button to tune into sky hd.

Is there a way to bypass this, so when i turn the tv on it goes straight to sky hd (hdmi 3).

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I might be wrong but, if you turn on the tv first, and then your sky box, wouldn't it then go to your sky input automatically?

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
OK, just before I try this.

Under HDMI 1 I have a blu ray player connected (panasonic bdt 210...should it help).

Since this already live & connected, wouldn't the AV preference select the blu ray player to turn on or atleast change to this channel?

vpacalypse said:
OK, just before I try this.

Under HDMI 1 I have a blu ray player connected (panasonic bdt 210...should it help).

Since this already live & connected, wouldn't the AV preference select the blu ray player to turn on or atleast change to this channel?

I don't know how Viera Connect works, but why would the blu ray player switch itself on when you switch the TV on? If your blu-ray player is off, your TV won't detect it. Similarly, your Sky box should be on for your TV to detect it. If your TV doesn't detect any connections, it will go to its tuner.

Another way is to invest in a universal remote like Logitech & set it exactly the way you want.

vpacalypse

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
OK, switched sky to HMDI 1, & TaDa it works it now :grin:

Thanks for this help.

Whilst i have you, on the subject of skype; Panasonic are charging around the £130-£150 for their camera (
Panasonic TY-CC10).

Would a cheaper, unofficial camera say in sub £50 region be compatible?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts