PANASONIC 42 GT 50 CONTRAST TOO HIGH.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,ive just bought this tv and realised no matter what i cannot set a perfect contast level.

In daytime its ok for tv viewing etc where its bright and contrast need to be set stronger for lighting

conditions,sunlight in room/brightness of room etc.

But at night when its dark and contrast need to come down to prevent glare/eyestrain crushed whites

etc even at o level and regardless of tv mode used its still too strong. I know different source equipment

needs different settings but using the inbuilt freesat tuner its still the same.

This got me to think that if its this way for me then if the tv is designed this way then surely it must be

like this for everybody else.I would just like to bring down the contrast a little more.

Your thoughts and help would be welcome.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Pat,if the tv is new,then you are aware that it needs about 300-500hrs to run in,for all the magic to settle down:)

There are some excellent posts on the subject if you would like to search the forums,but to start keep the contrast down,certainly dont use the dynamic setting.hope this helps...

Your patience will be rewarded....trust me:)

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression it was between 300-500hrs,could be wrong tho.

When i got my gt30 had it running 24/7 for best part of one month with contrast etc turned down,never had any image retention to speak of.

Colours look great now,picture is crystal:)

A

Anonymous

Surely when the tv beds in more over the coming weeks the contrast will look even stronger,

but I get your meaning.For eg during the euros the white german jerseys were always to strong and

lacking in detail,which with a perfect contrast they would be more softer on the eye showing more detail.

Other eg,s are titles ,ie sky sp news graphics,etc being too strong.

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have the G30 non 3D, what picture settings are you viewing it on? I would recommend leave it on "Normal" till the plasma runs in, after that you will get a stunning picture believe me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts