panasonic 37 lcd or plasma upscaling

antant

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I have decided on a 37 panasonic but not sure which to go for a full hd lcd or hd ready plasma ( ihave noticed on the forum a lot of people have been buying the plasma). I will be buying a bluray and getting freesat when it comes out. This steers me towards the lcd. At the moment I have a sony hxd910 pvr which gives great pictures on freeview and dvd and can upscale to 720p or 1080i. Will the tv if it receives a 720 signal still upscale to 1080 or show at the signal it receives . which do I go for. Can anyone help.

Thanks

bf1

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="antant"]
Hi

I have decided on a 37 panasonic but not sure which to go for a full hd lcd or hd ready plasma ( ihave noticed on the forum a lot of people have been buying the plasma). I will be buying a bluray and getting freesat when it comes out. This steers me towards the lcd. At the moment I have a sony hxd910 pvr which gives great pictures on freeview and dvd and can upscale to 720p or 1080i. Will the tv if it receives a 720 signal still upscale to 1080 or show at the signal it receives . which do I go for. Can anyone help.

Thanks

[/quote]

The general consensus I picked up from this forum is that Plasma`s the favoured choice.

I originally considered the Panasonic 32" LCD but following posts and opinions on here eventually bought the 37" Plasma.

Can`t tell you what its like as I haven`t connected it all up yet. Others on here who have the same set seem very pleased.

A

Anonymous

If I get it (phoned JL today asking for a pricematch) I'll be setting it up the second I get it home :)

A

Anonymous

Just to answer this part of the question "Will the tv if it receives a 720 signal still upscale to 1080 or show at the signal it receives" your TV will upscale the image to fit the native resolution of the panel. TVs do a much better job of upscaling progressive scan signals, so you will probably be impressed with the results, particularly as 1280 x 720 cannot be related mathematically in terms of being a factor of 1920 x 1080.

TRENDING THREADS