Pana quandry

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
You'd think I'd be happy to be in a situaton where I can't choose between several really nice TV's but it's driving me mental! I'm after advice and opinions please.

I've narrowed it down (using a ouiji board, dice and a coin) to 3 Pana's; the TH42PZ70, TX-37LZD70 or the TX32LXD700.

The first one looks good from this months review but it's plasma (is that a bad thing?), the next has only just been released and looks good in the shop but it's not 100 hertz, didn't look quite so good as the TX32LXD700 in the shop and hasn't been reviewed yet by the gods of hifi. The TX32LXD700 looked great in the shop and seemed to live up to the review (seeing as it's best in test I guess it should) but I've got a 32" at the moment and face it, we all need a bigger telly!

Any advice at all would be very gratefuly recieved (as I'm a bit of a noob) on any of the rubbish I've written above.

A

Anonymous

It's alright, we don't think your a NOOB......you'll see most of them working in Currys and Comet Stores.

I would suggest you soley concentrate on either the TH42PZ70, or the TH37PX70 if a 37incher is what you're also considering.

A

Anonymous

Hopefully I won't have to be lobotomised like the Currys and Comet ****s or supply a signal using a 1981 Aiwa cassette player
emotion-1.gif

Would you not rate the new 37" LCD from Pana? There seems to be two camps when it comes to LCD and Plasma but no real hard evidence either way (that might be a bit strong but you get the gist). It seems telling that Pana have now started selling larger LCD's

A

Anonymous

I bat for the Plasma side not least because Plasma is far superior with fast motion like Football, and has richer and detailed colours. Some say LCS is closing the gap......Closing being the operative expression though LCD hasn't quite got there at all yet in my opinion. I prefer the TH37PX70 to that of the TH42PX70 but the other Pansaonic model to which you refer the 42inc Z model is also great

A

Anonymous

You're right about the closing the gap bit, I never thought of it that way, but I keep seeing people suggesting that you buy LCD. Think I'll have to go back to the pana shop and do some more drooling.

A

Anonymous

Hmm, read the site and it's very heavily biased to plasma and seeing as the 3 manufacturers that are associated with the site have a similar preference I'm a bit sceptical about the truth of the research.

Having said that LCD's always seem to be compared to plasma with phrases like "almost as good as" or "catching up" etc. Hmm, more perving in the shop at the weekend I think especially as the terrestial source sports I saw look terrible on the LCD's.

Thanks again for your advice. Any more opinions or criticisms are more than welcome

A

Anonymous

There may well be those advising you to get an LCD...............but really you know........Plasma is soooooo much better than an LCD....a bit like having real Cheddar as opposed to Dairylea!

A

Anonymous

Well, I bit the bullet and whacked the TH37PX70 on my credit card on Saturday. When I compared the 5 star 32" LCD with the 37" plasma there was no contest in the end (they were both Panas). The colours were more life like, movement was very fluid and the image is pin sharp. The LCD's were nice to look at but struggled in some areas, especially sport, where as the plasma is easily as good as my CRT even with terrestial sources.

As you can tell, I'm smitten. I will say though that even though I have a viewing distance of 3.5 to 4 metres the 37" does seem quite large. If only they did a 34.5"! I'm also getting a V+ box as it's only a one off fee of 150 quid and I'll get to view some HD and I can record 2 channels while watching a third and it's better than my current cable box.

Thanks for all the advice guys, you've made a very happy man (and my wife very angry).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts