Pain in Earphones?

runnergrl

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I have heard that many people experience pain from different types of headphones, and I am interested to learn more about what causes it. Is it from sound, fit, or some other reasons? Please share your experiences with discomfort with earbuds, in-ear earphones, ear tips, and the like. Thanks!

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I suffer pain with headphones, and speakers too, is too much mid-range. Not the amount, just the level of it all. I've had the symptom/affliction/condition etc since I was a child which was err umm quite a while ago ;) . Put simply, if the sound in general isn't a 'V' shape then I'm gonna suffer. The worst culprits are really good PA systems set up in an 'A' shape to sound loud but to me a nightmare, whereby you'll find me wincing in a far corner. Back to your specific question, I prefer the Sennheiser and AKG 'sound' which lean towards the V as do the Oppo's and other planar mag cans; I found that planar mags can go very loud indeed compared to dynamic cans without detriment in the midrange. Everyone is different as we all know, hence the meat and poison analogy.

runnergrl

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the advice paulkebab. It's always interesting to read people's responses to this quesiton as they are always so different. You seem to be pretty knowledgeable about earphones, and the startup company I work for, Helloear, is looking for people to review our new product before we launch it on Kickstarter at the end of October. I would love to talk to you more about this, and if you are interested in reveiwing (or just interested in the company in general) please email me at clare@helloear.com. Thanks again!

Culton

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, it sometimes happens to me. Then I simply stop using the headphones for some time and then again used it. There might be several reasons for the pain in the earphones. Recently I have purchased a new pair of affordable earphones from the online website, but after wearing them for more than an hour I experience that earphones are very much comfortable. If this happens with you with every earphones then this is also caused due to magnesium deficiency. This is one of the symptoms of magnesium deficiency, for that you should take magnesium supplements, space them out through the day and take them with food.

pi-electronics

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I used to have a earphone that not fit very well in my ear and it is hard for me to enjoy the music. I throw it away. I am using piduet with comfortable earhook that can suitable for my daily use. Thus, I think the best way to have an in-ear earphone is to fit your ear.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
pi-electronics said:
I used to have a earphone that not fit very well in my ear and it is hard for me to enjoy the music. I throw it away. I am using piduet with comfortable earhook that can suitable for my daily use. Thus, I think the best way to have an in-ear earphone is to fit your ear.

The piduet guy here has a solution for everything, but to my knowledge no credible reviews. Maybe Pi-Duet should send samples out to well-known reviewers, with "incentives". I say incentives because, unfortunately the market is glutted with cheap Chinese earphones, and pi-duet would need a miracle** to stand above the crowd.

**Miracle, as in "really good sound".

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
runnergrl said:
I have heard that many people experience pain from different types of headphones, and I am interested to learn more about what causes it. Is it from sound, fit, or some other reasons? Please share your experiences with discomfort with earbuds, in-ear earphones, ear tips, and the like. Thanks!

Clearly it's possible to have a thread that's almost all spam or thinly disguised attempts at flogging something to users.

D

Deleted member 2457

Lots of headphones over the ear and on ear have hurt my ears. My P7s were hurting my ears too so I placed them in a different position to what I was wearing and Bingo fixed.
regular_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts