Out with the New, In with the Old?

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Yes, and you being able to describe the good and the compromised aspects of the £multi thousand speakers you've just bought in such an eloquent manner demonstrates high levels of integrity, honesty, experience, judgement, impartiality.

Your summary of the Harbeths carries so much more authority than someone saying "Rah, rah, rah! These are the best speakers ever!"

As you've said the Harbeths will be great for some people, whilst for others they will not be the speakers for them.

That's very kind of you to say so.....but I'm not sure I deserve such praise.

We all have our likes and prejudices....so when I describe a component, I try to be objective - so that readers can get a reasonable grasp of the product and whether it is worth seeking out.

I love my music....and my goal on here is simple. Learn about stuff I haven't heard before...and help other Members enjoy their music as much as I do.

As you know, putting together a system that gives true enjoyment, is not that easy. It takes three aspects (imo):

1. Fully understand how you like your sound presented (not simple unless you've heard a wide variety of kit).

2. Know what kit to listen to (and works together) in order to best achieve the above and within budget.

3. Find out the best dealers within driving distance.

Anyway, your effusive post was much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts