Our 2009 Awards website is now live!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Check out the reviews of all 92 What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision 2009 Award winners, plus videos of the 18 Products of the Year, on our dedicated Awards website.

Whether you're looking for a new TV, Blu-ray player, iPod dock or hi-fi system, we've picked the best products your money can buy at a price to suit every pocket.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm trying to hold off reading it, as there won't be anything to read in my mag when it finally turns up!!
emotion-42.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:I'm trying to hold off reading it, as there won't be anything to read in my mag when it finally turns up!!
emotion-42.gif

There's loads more that's unique to the issue - including explanation of each of the Award winners/categories (complete with fresh looks at each Award winner); pages of First Tests (everything from Beresford Caiman to Philips and LG TVs, Pure microsystem, Marantz AV receiver, Mission speakers....); and much more!

Why not just go as far as the video on thewelcome page of the Awards site, which features a late appearance by Mr John Duncan, singing on stage
emotion-2.gif

PS We know some subscribers had copies yesterday (or earlier - first sighting on Saturday!), so this is definitely postie's problem. Sorry!

A

Anonymous

Website says "Awards 2009 issue on sale today!", but I've just checked
in a big Sainsburys, big Asda, and a main WH Smith and none of them
have it :(

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
gruff__:Website says "Awards 2009 issue on sale today!", but I've just checked

Where do you live? Will help if you can tell us exactly which stores you went to so we can check.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Distributors (overwhelmed by the knock-on effects of the Royal Mail action, as every business turns to couriers) have struggled to get mags out to every area of the country. Issues are in retail today, but may not have yet been put out on shelves.

These depot areas are the most likely for delay, but all have promised to have mags on shelves by tomorrow:

Birmingham
Crawley
Harlow
Northampton
Southampton
Portsmouth
Cambuslang (Glasgow area)

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough:
gruff__:Website says "Awards 2009 issue on sale today!", but I've just checked

Where do you live? Will help if you can tell us exactly which stores you went to so we can check.

Leicester, very close to the big Fosse Park shopping centre, which is where all the stores I checked in are located.

In WH Smith there was nothing on the shelf so I asked at the customer service desk and the "magazine person" said it definitely wasn't on this mornings delivery.

I then called in at both Asda and Sainsburys superstores but nothing on the shelves there either (I didn't ask again, assumed they're all supplied by same distriubutor as they are all so close).

I'll pick one up in next couple of days. Was keen to read it today though because I have a couple of demo's booked for Thursday to listen to new DAC, amp and speaker combo's (woohoo! new system time!).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, Leicester area will either be served out of Birmingham or Northampton depots, which (as you'll see in my earlier post) are two of the ones who may not have got copies into shops this morning. I'm assured they'll be there by tomorrow.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:
I caved in.

Glad to see my MT-30s are still top of the tree in the style speaker stakes.

How many years is that now?
emotion-4.gif

Now you see that's exactly the kind of fact/perspective covered off in the Awards issue coverage of the products: the first two paragraphs of the MT-30 write-up dwell on the precise length of its success
emotion-2.gif

John Duncan

Clare Newsome:Why not just go as far as the video on thewelcome page of the Awards site, which features a late appearance by Mr John Duncan, singing on stage

Which appears to be totally unnecessary and gratuitous in the context of the rest of the video, I must say...

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Erm, which supermarkets will be stocking this issue?

It took me an age to buy one of the Ultimate Guides earlier this year, so I wanted to know where the latest Awards issue would be available?

FWIW,I live in the depths of sunny Yorkshire. Wakefield to be almost precise.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Clare Newsome:Why not just go as far as the video on thewelcome page of the Awards site, which features a late appearance by Mr John Duncan, singing on stage

Which appears to be totally unnecessary and gratuitous in the context of the rest of the video, I must say...

The 'buffering' wheel came up right on cue the moment Mr Duncan appeared and said it all with a damning... "16%"

Whether that was for the sartorial disaster of a bow-tie or a score for his.. "James Bond does Karaoke with a dead bat hanging from his neck" act I will refrain from conjecture.

It must be stopped.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson:Erm, which supermarkets will be stocking this issue?

It took me an age to buy one of the Ultimate Guides earlier this year, so I wanted to know where the latest Awards issue would be available?

FWIW,I live in the depths of sunny Yorkshire. Wakefield to be almost precise.

Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, Somerfield, Waitrose... the main mag is stocked in many more stores than the UG!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:You're just jealous. It was the talk of Twitter for...ooo...twenty minutes.

...And may just have been an attempt to get Waxed the post-Awards entertainment gig next year...

Tonestar1

JohnDuncan:Clare Newsome:Why not just go as far as the video on thewelcome page of the Awards site, which features a late appearance by Mr John Duncan, singing on stageWhich appears to be totally unnecessary and gratuitous in the context of the rest of the video, I must say...

Your avatar looks far older (albeit in cartoon form). Surely the point of an internet persona is to make yourself look younger, fitter etc? You don't look day over 50 in the vid :)

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:You're just jealous. It was the talk of Twitter for...ooo...twenty minutes.

What was the topic? Hobnobs?

The microsite looks great, but I'm pleased my copy of the awards issue came first.....
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts