Optimal setup for Spotify/Itunes etc output from PC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey All,

I have a budget of around £500 to spend on a amp/speaker setup for a medium size living room that will take either take an input via an Airport Express (3.5mm) or directly via a PC/Laptop/Mac. Any advice appreciated...! I've seen that quite a few folks seem to use usb out rather than relying on wifi/headphone jack for example, how much difference does this make?

(P.S I listen to lots of Electro/House)

Thanks!

J

idc

Hi jordan120. You don't mention a DAC in your requirements, but you will need one to get the best out of a PC/laptop/Mac based setup. If you starting out for the first time you are better geting the DAC, amp, speakers sorted first. How you connect them together will come second and is IMO down to what is practical for your setup. Would it suit better to have a wireless connection between PC and DAC, or cabled? The DAC/amp/speakers will be cabled together.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that. Better to have a wireless connection between the PC and DAC almost certainly - what DAC do you recommend?

idc

The DAC I have is in my amp, but it is similar to the described sound of the Musical Fidelity V-DAC, which is detailed, good clarity but no bass fiend, so maybe not the best for your type of music. The other two main DACs used by forum members are by Beresford and the DacMagic. Have a look in the What hifi reviews of both in this site, or search for both on the forums and you will get a load of information.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts