Wireless speakers, should i upgrade?

lee92h

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey, im new to the whole hifi game and though i have researched alot theres to much to take in.

so im thinking about upgrading my speakers but would like some advice,

currently using a hitahci axm910 micro hifi system which i got for free and can be seen here http://www.reevoo.com/p/hitachi-axm910

and im simply pluging in my iphone or laptop (itunes) via the headphone jack cable going to the hifi, now im no audiophile but ive been getting a bit more into my music and would like a wireless connection but wasnt sure if i should take the leap and buy a decent start up at the same time but i would like to justify my purchase as i hate letting money go.

so music on itunes is mp3 (lossy) with about 1/3 ripped at 320, 1/3 at 25 and 1/3 and 128 so not exatcly the highest quality format out there, now i could buy a airport express and stream via airplay from either device to that system or was looking at buying a new system and narrowed it down to the pm6004 + monitor bx2 which i can get at £450 and again stream via airport. http://www.audiblefidelity.co.uk/Marantz_PM6004_Monitor_Audio_BX2_Speakers_p/hifipack-01.htm

now how much of a leap is this? is the sound quality difference going to jusity an extra £450 on top of the £80 for the airport express, am i going to notice a better sound with this system with the mp3s at those rates through airplay? like i said, i like high quality but do not seek perfection, as i see alot of talk about using a dac as the airport express has lower quality conversion chip, but an extra £200 is simply to much and surely the speaks and amp are enough for a starter set up.

also im going to be be away alot this year and for peace of mind would like to know how quickly do hifi systems become 'out of date' so to speak as i have also been looking at the sonos play5 and though i like the portability and cheaper price i dont need all those internet radios and apps and would imagine the bx2s would be a better system?

i was thinking about also connecting it to tv and having tv play through it and also wireless music when the tv is not on

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts