Help with my setup

christian l

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Looking to get some input on my planned build to figure out the best way to set the whole thing up. Any recommendations in terms of equipment or way to wire things up would be much appreciated.

The key components that I'm trying to hook up are:

PC
Turntable
DJ controller
TV
Floor standing speakers
Outdoor speakers
Receiver

In terms of the connections what I'm looking for is:

1) Being able to stream music from my PC to the floor standing speakers via wifi direct or bluetooth in the receiver. The PC is in the next room so connection shouldn't be an issue.

2) Have the turntable connected to the DJ controller as well as the receiver. Not sure if this is doable; as I understand it a lot of receivers nowadays don't have phono input for the turntable and while the controller does have one it needs to be plugged in to a laptop which won't always be the case. Eventually I may get a dedicated mixer but for now this is what I'm working with.

3) Outdoor speakers; 2 options
a) Either bluetooth outdoor speakers that don't need to be hooked up to the receiver just power outlet on my balcony; In this case I would just stream music over bluetooth from my phone directly to the speakers.
b) Bookshelf ones that do need to be hooked up to the receiver; in this case I'd have to figure out a way to run the speaker wire from the balcony to the living room. In this case the plan would be to stream music from my phone to the receiver over bluetooth.

That's pretty much it, again any recommendations on a stable setup would be welcomed!!

Cheers

christian l

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Another thing I forgot to mention is the ability to stream games / movies from my PC to the receiver either via MHL or some other way. My laptop does support MHL and I have a smart TV that has it as well, but after some initial tests I found it to be super choppy and unusable. Not sure if any of the receivers that support MHL are better in this respect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts