Opinions Please - Spendor A6 Speakers on USA EBay

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Rare to see decent British stuff on this side of the Atlantic.

There's a pair of used Spendor A6 speakers on the Bat right now for about 1600 US Dollars or about 1000 Pounds including delivery.

Question - how would these pair up with, say, a Cyrus Signature Setup (DAC-XP and two Mon-X300s) I'm hoping for in the New Year?

My initial choice would be a pair of ProAc Studio 140 Mark Two to replace the Mark Ones I had in Scotchland, and given the likely timetable I'm happy to wait for a pair to "pop up" but if these would suit I might just jump.

pyrrhon

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Rare to see decent British stuff on this side of the Atlantic.

There's a pair of used Spendor A6 speakers on the Bat right now for about 1600 US Dollars or about 1000 Pounds including delivery.

Question - how would these pair up with, say, a Cyrus Signature Setup (DAC-XP and two Mon-X300s) I'm hoping for in the New Year?

My initial choice would be a pair of ProAc Studio 140 Mark Two to replace the Mark Ones I had in Scotchland, and given the likely timetable I'm happy to wait for a pair to "pop up" but if these would suit I might just jump.

Don't know what you did but I have these 2 pairs of speakers, proac 148 and spendors s6e. In my own comparison on naim amp: proac has way more soundstage and produce a fuller sound with more micro details and textures. Spendors does it very differently, cleaner but dry.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
Anybody???

Auction ends in three hours....

Did you buy them?

I was going to say no but, as you may be aware, nobody could use the 'reply' button on this website for the last 2 days.

No. Er indoors on the warpath yet again.
Nice pair of ProAc Studio 140 Mk 2 on the UK EBay right now...

Benedict_Arnold said:
Al ears said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
Anybody???

Auction ends in three hours....

Did you buy them?

I was going to say no but, as you may be aware, nobody could use the 'reply' button on this website for the last 2 days.

No. Er indoors on the warpath yet again. Nice pair of ProAc Studio 140 Mk 2 on the UK EBay right now...

Ah, that may have been in your favour.

I was going to say that they can be had for £900 in the UK so they were maybe a little overpriced. Also I tended to agree with reviews I have read in that they were easily bettered sonically by B&W CM9's (which were cheaper), which is why they had to upgrade them to A6R's. Was going to say that if they were A6R's then it would have been a good idea, otherwise stick to the Mk2 ProAcs.

EDIT: £590 with one day left to go? Bargain. Pity they are in the UK eh?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts