Opinions on Lyngdorf TDAI-2170

YiannisK

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello Friends,

Any opinions and / or experiences on the Lyngdorf TDAI-2170? I have only recenly come across some reviews on it and it certainly reads as an impressive and clever bit of kit. Has anyone heard it / own it? If so what do you think of it?

Cheers

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
It would be off the table for me. I don't like Class D. Never have and probably never will. I've heard a lot of them too. Think of all the other amps/dac/streamers you can buy for $5000.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I’m not casting aspersions and I’ve no doubt that room correction stuff works really well and a very good idea, but I’d be a bit dubious that it could work really well at that type of price, as opposed to a pure amp and dac. I’d defo compare a more common conventional amp at home, whatever the class of amplifier, before deciding on whether this amp you are looking at is worth it.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I am not sure if the Lyngdorf classifies as class d.

Yes its a "digital" amplifier but it also doesnt use a conventional dac by my reckoning.
Normally room perfect is saved for ultra premium Steinway products or top of the range McIntosh products so access to it at more real world prices is quite rare.

I have heard the amp a bit its a very clean presentation.
Its a lovely looking device with a really lovely screen.

Worth a listen for sure to see if you like it

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
A couple of years ago, I heard this amp, driving a pair of Avantgarde Duo Grosso speakers, in a well treated demo room. The result was really impressive. I'm sure speakers and room played an important part here too (and I wasn't familiar with either), but the amplifier was not the weak link here. It sounded great!

In the end, I went for a different solution (with room correction, mind), mostly because the speakers were far too big and far too expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts