Opinions on different ways of hooking PS3 up to amp.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys/girls.

I've recently purchased a PS3 and a Phillips 42" Telly, i'm getting a little sick of the tiny under-the-screen speaker on the TV and want to branch out into a reasonably sounding system. I know there are numerous ways of doing things, between a basic 2 channel floor standing speaker set and an amp to a Full HDMI Amp with a 5/7.1 channel surround sound.

Currently im living in a loft bedroom with not really loads of space or ideal positioning to get the most out of 5.1 and im worried that it may even reduce the quality of the sound output, but i'm looking into moving into my own place soon so if 5.1 still sounds ok then it may be worth it. I've also been told by people that its not worth the extra money to get the HDMI reciver, and to get a "Monster Digital Optical audio cable" and a cheaper reciever with a 5.1 home cinema kit.

Any ideas as to what would be the best? and any reccomendations on a relatively cheap way of doing things.

Thanks in Advance
Tom.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Depends what you want, but given the possibility of a future move, I'd go for a receiver able to handle the PS3's HD output and a 5.1 speaker system.

The entry point for HD receivers is the Onkyo TX-SR605, used with a package such as the KEF KHT2005.2 or the entry-level Q Acoustics package. The latter speaker system may be a bit cramped in your current room, but will come into its own when you have more space, so is worth buying now if it suits your budget.

TRENDING THREADS