Oooooh! One happy me!

• Thread starter Deleted member 160668
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 160668

Had the Arcam A29 a few days now, hooked up to the MA RS6s which replaced the previous Cyrus 6 full setup.

Wowsers, what a difference! This is a totally different league and trounces the old setup. A MUCH MUCH better match to the speakers - to the extent it sounds like I own different speakers entirely.

This amp is great. On a few of my reference songs I know very well I’ve laughed out loud. Whilst playing London Grammar, Hey Now with my eyes closed I could place the instruments in the room!

And goodness gracious me, it sounds phenomenal!

What a massive upgrade, I am beyond happy and can’t see me box swapping for a long while, this is a keeper for sure.

Anyway, gushing praise over! Just need to pick up a matching CD and I’m one happy man!!

Cheers,

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's what it's all about, finding a system that you are happy with. Sounds like you've hit the audio Jackpot :)

You can concentrate on the music now

stereoman said:
Then you're a lucky one ! Great. To find a really satifisfying sound between an amp and passive speakers is almost impossible...
Almost impossible? There's any number of great sounding passive speakers out there, and to find a great match with an amplifier isn't really that hard - it's just a case of finding a good dealer who knows what he's doing and knows the speakers he stocks well.

This example shows that it's not necessary to spend a fortune to find a good match, which is sometimes the case.

Another Arcam/RS6 fanboy. Fabulous combo.

Agree with David. It isn't too difficult to find wonderful passive speakers and the right amp. What is a bit tricky is finding the right combo for your room size and acoustics - and a combo you can live with over long listening sessions.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
davidf said:
stereoman said:
Then you're a lucky one ! Great. To find a really satifisfying sound between an amp and passive speakers is almost impossible...
Almost impossible? There's any number of great sounding passive speakers out there, and to find a great match with an amplifier isn't really that hard - it's just a case of finding a good dealer who knows what he's doing and knows the speakers he stocks well.

This example shows that it's not necessary to spend a fortune to find a good match, which is sometimes the case.

I agree...but still it is much more complex issue than it seems to be. A perfect amp - speakers synergy comes within a hair's breadth.

D

Deleted member 160668

Reply to lindsay (above)

Dont currently have CD player, and am currently on the hunt for one. So can’t currently do this.

What is the scale? How loud you play music? - I don’t play mine very loud at all.

Not just LG sound good, everything does. I am very happy indeed.

Cheers,

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Instead of playing a dark green CD, play a dark green album or track. Back to back with Hey Now.

You'll find that the dark green music is quieter than Hey Now. So you have to turn it up to get it to roughly the same volume. And then turn it down again if you put London Grammar back on.

Be aware that many dark green albums have been remastered to red or orange DR ratings and that you may need to check which version you're listening to.

For explaining the DR scale, it's best if you listen to a few tracks / albums back to back. The difference between a dark green and red album or track is not subtle. Red indicates excessive use of the dynamic compression machine.

The Lampizator web pages are a good starting place for buying a CD player. Some of the CD players that he's liked a lot can be bought for about £20. Makes sense to get one of those.

I listen at a variety of volumes, depending on the time of day or night etc. Usual volume is with peaks hitting 80 to 85 dbs on my calibrated sound meter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts