Onkyo USB1 versus Logitech DJ - which product is the best for cheap wireless

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Looking for a cheap way to stream music from my PC to HiFi

In desperate need of some good advice.

After recently moving from a flat to a house and in a bid to reduce the amount of CD shelving, I've uploaded all of my cd collection onto iTunes on my PC. I'd read all the reviews of Apple's Airport Express so rushed out and bought it but after 4 weeks of ringing the helpdesk, having two replacement units and countless frustrated hours of screaming at the PC and unit, I conceed that the it just wouldn't work.

I'm now looking to see what else is out there on the market which is under my £150 budget. So far I've across both the Onkyo USB1 and Logitech DJ and wondered if anyone had any experience of these devices? Both seem very hard to find to purchase so not sure if they are being phased out. Is there something better on the market.

Hope you can help.

John

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
.....I've used an Onkyo USB 1 (or UWL-1 to be precise) for some months now and I have to say for the price it's pretty useful ..I bought mine from Richer Sounds for just under £50 ..... mebbe's some stores have some left?

Ok it's not a sophisticated unit with a remote that indicates which tracks are being played, but it's wireless and will play any audio file on your PC on any format .

I had some niggles at first ...you have to set your PC to recognise the Onkyo's dongle (done very quickly via the "sounds and audio" folder in Control Panel) and need to remember to switch the setting back to hear things from your usuaI PC speakers.

I did have some sound drop outs at first but for whatever reason it's rare now that drop outs occur whilst listening to music files (and you can reset the channels on the Onkyo's UTX receiver if your having probs).

I find it really useful to copy and paste a MP3. playlist together from my hard drives to play through ie Windows Media Player and listen via my living room HIFI set up .....if that's all you want to be able to do the Onkyo is fine.

There are obviously better wireless PC to Hifi products out there but not I reckon for 50 smackeroos!

TRENDING THREADS