Onkyo tx8270

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a system with DAB to play lossless music files from my iPhone over a wireless link. The Arcam Solo Movie is currently £1,000 and throws in BluRay but requires FLAC files on my iPhone. Arcam provide a nice music player app which good. But the unit is a bit ugly. It is good value and normally a lot more expensive. For stereo mode it matches the Arcam Solo Music. The alternative is the Onkyo tx8270 at £550, which plays ALAC music files over Airplay, and it looks nice to me. My concern is the sound quality compared to the Arcam. Are we talking subtle audiophile hair splitting, or noticeable differences and a drop for the Onkyo?

Incidentally the Onkyo would have to be bought mail order, and returned if horrible. I've heard the Arcam, but the shop put a horrible music source through it. I'll revisit with some CDs.

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
The 8270 is on my radar for some time now, but im not gonne buy anything until a few months from now. Based on onkyo's history with stereo systems and the reviews of the previous model (8150/8160usa) there is no reason to doubt the 8270. It would be my pick over the arcam based on functionality and bang for buck. I dont believe the arcam will sound significantly better than the Onkyo, or even at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts