Onkyo TX-SR875 AV-Receiver - speaker distance settings issues!

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

My trusty and much loved Onkyo TX-SR875 A/V receiver of nearly 4 years has started to show a few issues regarding remembering its Audyssey Auto Speaker Setup settings.

The SP Level on a fairly regular basis decides to go into crazy mode (like today) and sets Center to +637dB or something similarly ridiculous like that. As I am the only one who really knows how the receiver is set up, if I weren't around, it would not be fun the person trying to listen!

So far the SP Distance settings, they have rarely changed by themselves. The radio also seems to lose the programmed stations on a fairly regular basis lately. Annoying as I had up to 20 channels programmed.
Has anyone else had these issues? I recall a few WHF staff members had the same receiver (Andrew and Clare?)
Appreciate any feedback. Thank you in advance.

TnA200

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Mine has never done that. It sounds like the non volatile RAM that holds settings isn't any more, check with the agent (Genserve I believe)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
hammill said:
Mine has never done that. It sounds like the non volatile RAM that holds settings isn't any more, check with the agent (Genserve I believe)

If there's one sure-fire way of inviting problems with equipment, it's going public with something along the lines of "Mine has never done that". :grin:

As an aside...... Mine has never done that either.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris said:
hammill said:

If there's one sure-fire way of inviting problems with equipment, it's going public with something along the lines of "Mine has never done that". :grin:

:) .I must admit that I am worried that this could be on the horizon as mine is a similar age.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
hammill said:
Big Chris said:
hammill said:

:) .I must admit that I am worried that this could be on the horizon as mine is a similar age.

Mine's 4 yrs, 3 months!:pray:

Unlike the HDMI board fault (haven't had), or the display packing up (did have a couple of years back), I've never heard of this fault before though.

nads

Mine is (when did Warner leave HDDVD?) old and I have not had any issues till monday when it stopped reading the remote. a Reset sorted that though. (see topic below).

805 BTW.

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Now the issue has become a constant one. The Left and Center insist on being +63.1dB on start up and the Bass is always on -15.2dB. Really anoying and hopefully not damging to the speakers, as my volume is programmed to be at 40.0 upon Startup.

I'll have to try the manual reset later this week once I have some free time and then see if that makes any difference before I start to reporogramme the whole Receiver back to it's usual settings!

Regards, TnA

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Is there Rep from Onkyo on these forums? I know sometimes companies like to be involved and answer customers answers themselves.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this issue as it is now constant. Everytime the receiver is switched on or the SACD player goes from stereo to multi-channel, the speaker balance settings just fall apart. Esp. Center, Left and Subwoofer, but the others too to a smaller extent. Appreciate any help, also from the WHF staff!

Thanks in advance, TnA.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts