Replacing Onkyo TX-SR875

Chapsno4

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I just upgraded to Sky Q and Sky engineer told me my Onkyo TX-SR875 was not Ultra HD compatible with Ultra HD. I’ve been really happy with the 8 years I’ve had with this receiver and am reluctant to change even for the benefit of UHD. That said are there any suggestions on what AV receive I should consider replacing it with?

D

Deleted member 2457

Chapsno4 said:
I just upgraded to Sky Q and Sky engineer told me my Onkyo TX-SR875 was not Ultra HD compatible with Ultra HD. I’ve been really happy with the 8 years I’ve had with this receiver and am reluctant to change even for the benefit of UHD. That said are there any suggestions on what AV receive I should consider replacing it with?
I definitely wouldn't replace it. You won't get better for the same money you paid for that.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I think the sky Q box has a digital (fibre optic) output.
So simply hook the HDMI up directly to the TV and use the fibre optic to feed audio to the receiver. Job done.
Of course if that's all complete ball cocks (ahem) someone please correct me. I won't be offended...

Chapsno4

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I already thought about (and tried) that Benedict. The problem I had was I had to manually swap over the HDMI lead everytime I waanted to use my PS4.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Chapsno4 said:
I already thought about (and tried) that Benedict. The problem I had was I had to manually swap over the HDMI lead everytime I waanted to use my PS4.

Why? Does your TV only have one HDMI input? Seems unlikely with a UHDTV. if your TV isn't UHD why are you bothering? An old black'n'white telly only showed The Wizard of Oz in black'n'white no matter how much Technicolor you blasted it with, and the same applies with 1080p TVs and UHD signals, if they display at all. If you haven't got a UHD TV, I would upgrade your TV before the receiver, therefore.
Or am I missing something?

Chapsno4

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I have a Panasonic TX-55CX802. The issue is that I only have one HDMI channelled through the wall and am not keen on rechanneling for another HDMI cable or having it draping from the TV in view.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Chapsno4 said:
I have a Panasonic TX-55CX802. The issue is that I only have one HDMI channelled through the wall and am not keen on rechanneling for another HDMI cable or having it draping from the TV in view.
Ahah! That explains it.
Can't help. Sorry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts