Onkyo TX-SR606 buzzing noise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased the above amp and I am getting a buzzing through all the channels especially when the Audyssey EQ setting is used and also when it is outputting in a surrond mode more so in Dolby Dig

Very noticable when used with PS3 when moving though menus on screen the buzzing is very noticable

Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
hi i have the 606 and a PS3 and have not noticed any buzzing...

are you using any kind of mains conditioner? i have all my kit plugged into a Tacima conditioner block, the RRP for them is 40 notes but can be had for less, it also is a surge protector so an all round good buy

A

Anonymous

Could it be mains hum?

Ensure that all your signal cables are kept as far away as possible from the mains ones.

Also buying a Tacima block and cutting all your cables to length cuts down the spaghetti behind the units!

A

Anonymous

I had a similar problem with mine, buzzing on all channels/connections. - i did some searching and found out that some amps had a problem and i think it was those that had 'A' in ther serial number - which mine did.

Anyway, i exchanged mine and the new one is fine.

Smarted

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I have the same problem, it starts to buzz when I turn it on, and after about 10 minutes it stops. The buzzing is coming from the amp itself and not the speakers. I will check my serial number.

A

Anonymous

Tried everything and still no better, returned for refund, having googled the problem it seems there are a lot of people in the same position with Onkyo amps being used with a PS3. Not going to try another lost confidence in there build quality so going to buy a Sony 2400es instead

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts