onkyo no sound from powered subwoofer

I recently purchased an Auna Line 300-SW-BH Active 10" Subwoofer to go with my Onkyo TX-SR606 to provide a bit more bass. But I've connected the subwoofer input to the amplifers subwoofer preout using on the white connector of an RCA audio cable that came with the sub, told the amp that a subwoofer was connected and changed the front speaker setting to "small" which as I understand it would send the low pass frequencies to the sub. But yesterday I would only get sound if the amp was on standby and today I am only getting the smallest amount of sound coming from the sub when the volume is on "MAX". However if I connect the sub directly to an audio splitter cable connected into my pc audio port it works.

Here is a link to the ebay listing for the sub and pictures of the connections at the back of the subwoofwer http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281383210666?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Would using a 2:1 rca splitter solve the problem?

What am I doing wrong, any help greatly appreciated.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
If you're using the auto power setting on the sub, could be there's not enough 'oomph' from the Onkyo's sub out to wake it up from standby. Turn the sub down and crank the sub out on the Onkyo up high to compensate, should do the job. And make sure the sub crossover is set to its maximum: leave the receiver to do the filtering.

And if the sub only has two-channel inputs, yes a Y-splitter (one RCA socket to fit the end of your sub cable, two plugs to go into the sub inputs) at the sub end could well help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts