onkyo tx -sr 875 or 805 av receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
following my recent topic i think i am going to go for the onkyo 875 however what does the extra £200 get me over the 805 also i will have approx 30mm clearance in my rack will that be enough cooloing area.

any help greatly appreciated

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Also the option of bridged output on the two main channels when running 5.1, and video output for multizone use.

But yes even if you just consider the upscaling, that on the 875 is so good that it justifies the extra cost - you'd need a very good upscaling DVD player to equal it.

And you should be OK with that much clearance above the unit, but bear in mind there are air-vents in the side panels, too, which whould be kept clear, and an open-back rack is a smart move, as it is for just about any receiver.

A

Anonymous

Never had experience of the Onkyo but if it gets as hot as rumored I'd say 30mm is nowhere near enough but just seen Andrews reply and he differs and I think he has one!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="hifi_nut"]Never had experience of the Onkyo but if it gets as hot as rumored I'd say 30mm is nowhere near enough.[/quote]

Been running one day in day out for several months now, and never had heat problems.

So it's rumours vs experience, I guess...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts