Onkyo TX-SR 605 and KEF IQ5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all, i'm planning get a new AV receiver and a pair of new floorstander speaker, so i have narrow down to onkyo TX-SR605 receiver and KEF IQ5 speaker, can anyone advise is onkyo TX-SR605 a good match with KEF IQ5? and TX-SR605 power output is 175 W/Ch 6 ohms, IQ5 maximum power output is 130W/ 8 ohms is it OK to couple them together? tks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="acoustic"]is onkyo TX-SR605 a good match with KEF IQ5?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote user="acoustic"]TX-SR605 power output is 175 W/Ch 6 ohms, IQ5 maximum power output is 130W/ 8 ohms is it OK to couple them together?[/quote]

Yes.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have exactly this combination (605 & IQ5SE) sounds brilliant! I auditioned a lot of speaker/amp combos before plumping for this setup.

Paid:

Onkyo 605: £399

KEF IQ5SE: £299

At Richer Sounds - they kindly included 6 metres of the best speaker cable they had in stock (about 30 pounds worth) and a high quality QED HDMI cable - which is about 50 pounds retail

A

Anonymous

Hi all, thanks for the replied

some question here,

-which one will you choose between KEF IQ5SE and monitoraudio BR5

-anyone know onkyo 605 AV receiver country of origin & made in which country?

thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

I tried both...

I bought IQ5SE

I think beyond that comment, only your ears can decide.

Onkyo is a Japanese company, and the higher end models (805+) are manufactured in Japan, however the 605 is manufactured in Malaysia.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="LondonBen"]

KEF IQ5SE: £299

At Richer Sounds - they kindly included 6 metres of the best speaker cable they had in stock (about 30 pounds worth) and a high quality QED HDMI cable - which is about 50 pounds retail

[/quote]

Hi LondonBen

Was this deal instore at Richer Sounds or has it expired as I can't see it online. I'll probably give them a call as this is an excellent price for the SEs.

A

Anonymous

I also have the Kef iQ5's matched with the Onkyo 605. It's a match made in heaven. I also use them for music too, couldn't be any happier

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts