Onkyo TX-NR905

steve63

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Onkyo TX-NR905 its firmware has never been updated from new, I would like to ask would it be possible to buy and replacement receiver that would match the Onkyo capabilities with the addition of 3D without spending £1400.

It has really frustrated me that the update process on the Onkyo seems very complicated and doing it wrong could render it useless. I live in a remote area in Ireland so I would have to post the unit back to Onkyo for the updates, I'm sure that would cost a fortune as it weights a lot. Would the latest update enable the receiver to process a 3D signal?

Any help is appreciated :)

Paul.

Your receiver has a cracking amp in it, if its just 3D you want I would buy a 3D bluray player with dual HDMI out on it. One HDMI goes to the receiver, the 3D signal goes by the second HDMI direct to the TV.

Panasonic, Sony and Samsung all make one. richer sounds has the Pioneer 450 for £185 which will do the job.

steve63

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Paul your answer is appreciated, just ordered a Panasonic DMP-BDT500 with twin HDMI so fingers crossed it will solve the issue of 3D, thanks again :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts