Onkyo TX-NR626 Picture Problem

Govian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, maybe a newbie question

I have a 8000 series Samsung TV that has a fantastic picture. I have just bought a new amp to compliment it however running high quality HDMI cables through it, the picture on the TV look subtly worse

Anything I could have setup or menu changed to cause this?

Any help appreciated

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi there. Welcome to the forum. I have experienced the same problem with HDMI pass through on my 606. I must admit im quite surprised that they havent improved the hdmi circuitry over 4 generations of amps. I can tell you that this effect gets less with use although it has never quite dissapeared. It seems to affect the high frequency detail such as film grain and edges appear less defined. Is it the same with yours. It does get more subtle though. Sorry i cant offer a solution but your not alone.

Govian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

So this is a bedding in thing? The amp is new and does show the exact symptoms you mention. In particular the visible grain that used to be crystal clear. I was not sure if it was a setting I changed (was going to do a factory reset) or I should return the amp as its that new.

Would be a shame to re-route the hdmi's back to the TV and output just the audio.

How long did it take for it to be acceptable? Not a question a new amp should need asking

Govian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

So this is a bedding in thing? The amp is new and does show the exact symptoms you mention. In particular the visible grain that used to be crystal clear. I was not sure if it was a setting I changed (was going to do a factory reset) or I should return the amp as its that new.

Would be a shame to re-route the hdmi's back to the TV and output just the audio.

How long did it take for it to be acceptable? Not a question a new amp should need asking

malthus80

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi again. It should take a good few weeks for it to get better. It also improves as the amp warms up. It has never completely gone away on my amp but i have got used to it. I have no choice as i need to run it through the amp to get hd soundtracks off bluray. If you have two outputs on your bluray player you could use one to amp to decode hd audio and use the other direct to the tv for picture thus avoiding the amp. My sony 350 only has one output so i dont have that option. Anyway best of luck with the running in and i hope it improves.

Govian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Just for info/update. Plugging in the amp knocked the TV picture out. Running a factory reset on the TV sorted the issue. Amp was not the real problem

Many thanks to thoses who provided help/suggestions

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
One other thing Govian, I'd probably suggest going into the tv settings menu and switching the "Anynet CEC" to off. I don't know what it is about Samsung's HDMI tech, but that one has been a headache for years!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts