Onkyo Lip Sync

A

Anonymous

So potentially you would have to adjust on a film by film basis?

nads

[quote user="Eddiewood"]
So potentially you would have to adjust on a film by film basis?

[/quote] Well the first matrix film is known to be poor lip sync, (on HD DVD) not had any issues with any other films (HD or SD) on two players.

A

Anonymous

Yep, had to adjust the lip synch for Sky HD when I set up the onkyo 605 for the first time. My other major source - PS3 - was in synch though.

Fairly straight forward procedure to correct it though. The easiest trick is to have the sound coming though the TV and the amp at the same time and and adjust the delay until there is no echo in the sound.

A

Anonymous

My lip synching is out on my 705 - I just keep not getting round to sorting it (rather like finishing painting skirting boards...).

There's a useful facility for manually adjusting it which flicks between the adjustment menu and the picture so you can see effects and tweak.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="be4con"]

The easiest trick is to have the sound coming though the TV and the amp at the same time and and adjust the delay until there is no echo in the sound.

[/quote]

Good idea

A

Anonymous

OK guys, getting close to buying one and then saw lip sync issues, I should really stop researching stuff before buying it
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Eddiewood"]
OK guys, getting close to buying one and then saw lip sync issues, I should really stop researching stuff before buying it
emotion-15.gif

[/quote]

I've had no such problems with the Onk 875.

Out of the box, I've had no synching issues with the PS3 or SKY HD sources.

The only time I've seen a lip synch issue, was when I had a demo of it in store........... and even then it took a simple tweak through the Onkyo set-up menu to rectify.

A

Anonymous

Yep, I certainly wouldn't let that put your off the machines - if you do have lip synch issues it's only a matter of playing with a menu.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts