Onkyo HT-S6305 or Onkyo HTX-22HDX

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

Finally decided to buy a home cinema! But which one?

Onkyo HT-S6305 (5.1 based on the TX-SR508 amp - £400)

Onkyo HTX-22HDX + Extra Speakers (5.1 - £320)

Both set-ups are capable of HD audio and both will be 5.1. The s6305 will give me greater upgrade options but also costs £80 more and is bulkier as has a separate amp. But will it sound better?

Help! I would like to buy in the next couple of days!!!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Peddie44's recent purchase on another post would be a much better setup IMO, I quote:

"I've just got a Sony STR-DH810 receiver from Richersounds for £200 with the price from this months whathifi, and then ordered Boston Acoustics XS speakers from bestbuy.com, if you go through topcashback you get 20% cashback, they are £280 - 20% so comes out at about £225. Both are 5 star award winners and then you get put the ps3 through the receiver and get surround sound from that too."

If the best buy offer has finished, I still think the extra cash will pay dividends.

Always cut the red wire!

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Carl,

I bought the Onkyo 5305 from Hyperfi last month for £300 which is the cheapest around. Comes with the same AVR but less powerful speakers. 100w as opposed to 150w if my memory serves me correct. They performed fine with HD/Bluray. My reason for buying this was 1) option to upgrade speakers and 2) cheap(ish) home cinema in a box.

I have a large room (6metres x 10metres) and the sound was OK from the speakers which are about the height of a biro.

As I had a pair of Mordaunt Short floorstanders and bookshelves I put these on and it sounded even better. So now I have sold the speakers and bought a set of Tannoy Mercurys 5.1 with the F3 Custom floorstanders for £410 from Superfi, originally £1100 and 5* WHF rating. They arrived today so I will update you with the difference.

I sold the speakers for £150 so I now have a half decent 5.1 system for £470!!!

When I save a bit more money or sell my old MS speakers then I will then sell the amp and upgrade that too, so slowly but surely I will get a very good system for not a lot of money.

It's my first step into the wonderful, and expensive, world of home cinema!

Go for the 5605!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts