Onkyo CS515 again :) with MonitorAudio BR2 / MordauntShort Carnival 2 / Q Acoustic ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi EVERYONE
emotion-2.gif

I'm planning to buy the onkyo cs515 unit without the speakers and instead, matching it with MA BR2.

However, when I compare the specs of the amplifier section with the BR2, I found that the output of the amp is slightly lower than the recommended amp output given by the speaker manufacturer. Will it cause any problems if i were to run the speakers with the set of amp such as lack of bass, treble, details or any harm to the amp? I've seen someone with this setup, but just to confirm again before I buy.

Also, comparing BR2 with Carnival 2 and speakers from Q Acoustic (any models that suites the amp), which offer better sound quality in terms of detail, clarity, and probably better bass and warm sound?

THX for reading my problem and giving suggestions.Nice Day.

Alvin.

matthewpiano

The CS515/BR2 combo is a good pairing and won't cause you any problems. The good thing about the BR2s is that, although you'll never hear that anything is missing driving them with the CS515, when you eventually upgrade your electronics they'll just get better and better.

I've just pulled my CS515 to try an old combination of Technics SLPG3 and Cambridge Audio A4 with the MAs and they really thrived on the extra current. I'm now building a completely new system based around an Arcam Alpha 7 amp and will be looking forward to hearing the MAs at their best.

A

Anonymous

Hi Matthewpiano,

Good to hear from you. With that, I guess I could buy with confidence without the fear of damaging the 'toy'
emotion-2.gif

Wish you all the best in constructing your new system and may it brings out the best of your MAs. May one to leave a review after the setup is complete...

Nice Day pal.

Regards,

Alvin

**Wow, response time from members of forum is incredible.
emotion-2.gif
BRAVO !!* *

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts