Onkyo A9150: Does anyone have experience of this amp?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

robdmarsh

However, for this sort of money, I would be looking at the Rotel A11 Tribute instead.
Tried one. Thought it was awful. Admittedly, I tried it for a day before it was back in the box. Thought it was broken at first - virtually no sound til the volume was at about 25! What's that about? Rang Sevenoaks who said "no, it's supposed to be like that" Digital volume control or some such nonsense...

robdmarsh

Actually, I'm beginning to think I might trial a Bluesound Powernode 2i. I'm completely committed to streaming, don't favour multiple boxes, and I'm used to class D amps with my little Marantz m-cr603.
I've found my dream speakers, which are pure bliss in pint-sized form: Triangle Titus EZ, and most of what I listen to sounds pretty sweet, but the Marantz can't handle the dynamics of Classical music, a genre I'd listen to quite a lot more if I had an amp with more grunt.

Tried one. Thought it was awful. Admittedly, I tried it for a day before it was back in the box. Thought it was broken at first - virtually no sound til the volume was at about 25! What's that about? Rang Sevenoaks who said "no, it's supposed to be like that" Digital volume control or some such nonsense...
Odd, however just goes to show everyone needs to audition carefully as everyone is different and the interaction with speakers, or synergy, is vital.

TRENDING THREADS