Onkyo 905 + CA 840A V2 connection Help needed:)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have my fronts connected to CA amp and I would like to connect it to my onkyo (rest of my speakers are connected to onkyo) so I can use front speakers in home cinema on too. Manual says to connect one of the inputs on Cambridge Audio to preout front L/R on my AV receiver. I have done it but can't hear any sound from my fronts...I'm sorry for my english:) Hopefully someone knows how to connect it and configure it...Someone who is willing to help:)Thank You!!!

A

Anonymous

Maciek:

Hi

I have my fronts connected to CA amp and I would like to connect it to my onkyo (rest of my speakers are connected to onkyo) so I can use front speakers in home cinema on too. Manual says to connect one of the inputs on Cambridge Audio to preout front L/R on my AV receiver. I have done it but can't hear any sound from my fronts...I'm sorry for my english:) Hopefully someone knows how to connect it and configure it...Someone who is willing to help:)Thank You!!!

Hi. Double check the connection. You might have connected your analogue interconnects to the multi-channel input terminals and not on the front pre-outs.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I did check the connection and it's correct. I don't know what is the problem. Maybe some settings on CA amp? fixed input or something I don't know. Can't hear anything coming out of fronts while on AV receiver...Very bad!!! Please help guys:)

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
What input on the CA are the cables in and have you selected that input? Thought I'd ask! Also you know that the CA controls the fronts' volume, what level is the CA volume on?

A

Anonymous

Yes I did select the correct input on CA. The volume was on -20db so it should be very loud:) But can't hear anything!!! What is going on???

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Try pluging in a cdplayer into the CA inputs with the cables you intend to use to check that everything works ok.

Double check the outputs are from the pre-outs front connections and not the zone connections.

Do the center/rear channels have sound when its all connected?

A

Anonymous

Hi

Everything is connected properly. I don't understand one thing though. What do you mean by connecting center/rears? They are connected to my AV amp.... only fronts are connected to stereo amp and I want to use them on AV amp too to make it 5.1

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
So have you checked the CA input and cables work (you didn't say), Just wanted to verify that audio in general was being played ok through the rest of the system.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Sorry yes | didn't say I have tried that but I have:) Finally I got it working...HOWEVER...to hear sound from my fronts my CA amp has to be on full volume 00db. That is really bad as it gets very hot:) Why does it have to be like this? It has to be fixed on 00db any lower than this the sound is much quieter than my center...any solution? calibration or something? what volume supposed to be my CA input fixed in? I hope it is not 00db...strange

A

Anonymous

Maciek:

Hi

Sorry yes | didn't say I have tried that but I have:) Finally I got it working...HOWEVER...to hear sound from my fronts my CA amp has to be on full volume 00db. That is really bad as it gets very hot:) Why does it have to be like this? It has to be fixed on 00db any lower than this the sound is much quieter than my center...any solution? calibration or something? what volume supposed to be my CA input fixed in? I hope it is not 00db...strange

Yes. Run the auto calibration again with the volume of the CA at 12 o'clock. Normally in home cinema the center speaker should be louder than the fronts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts