Onkyo 876 question about component signals to HDMI

Stack

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Hello. I decided to go for the 876 after much deliberation. I have a question about connecting my X box 360 (not the Elite version)via component. In the manual it states that all video, s video, composite, component connections can be transferred to be output via the HDMI output. I have connected my X box via component and assigned it input 3 for game/tv. I would assume that the X box component signals would be input to the amp and then output via the HDMI to my TV. But when I switch to game/tv and turn on the X box. I do not get any picture. I then read further in the Onkyo manual about connecting a game console to the amp. It says that if a component connection is made via type 'a' (component in) then the same connection must be made when connecting to the tv. This seems to be a contradiction from what it said earlier in the manual. I thought the amp could convert component signals to a HDMI signal. Confused..I am!

I have the monitor output set to 'Main' and the resolution output set to 'through' Has anyone else had the same issues or does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I have my Wii connected to my 875 via component, outputting to my TV by HDMI, with no problems. Double check you've assigned the correct component inputs, as I made a similar mistake with my HDMI inputs.

drenco

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
I can answer your problem on the 876 as i have made the same mistake before, what you need to do is when you assign the XBOX 360 to an input is make sure nothing else has been assigned as using the same input as the 360 otherwise it wont work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts