onkyo 875 and ps3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello all,need some advice or confirmation.

Connected ps3 to onkyo with linear pcm settings.stick on bd with pcm audio output( spiderman3 for example) quinex hdmi.

Can anybody confirm what the onkyo should then tell me: should it be pcm direct on the display?

if so what should the display then read when i press the display settings button.I get pcm 48 hrtz. is this correct or is it different with anybody else?

just wondering if i am getting the best out of this set up?

many thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi, I also have the 875 connected to a PS3 via a Quinnex HDMI.

I have my PS3 set to Linear PCM.

Also getting the same 48kHz when playing Spidey 3.

I think this is the best to way to have it set up , but if anyone knows any different I would also be happy to know.

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="stucola"]Hi, I also have the 875 connected to a PS3 via a Quinnex HDMI. [/quote]
Me too
[quote user="stucola"]I have my PS3 set to Linear PCM. [/quote]
Me too
[quote user="stucola"] Also getting the same 48kHz when playing Spidey 3.[/quote]
Me too

A

Anonymous

if it helps, ive got the 875 set on auto with the pioneer pdlx70a and when pcm is played all i get on the front display of the 875 is multi channel in. Ive read the instructions and this is indeed normal. If you press the display it will tell you at what rate it is playing. (eg 48khz or whatever). Ps.If you are lucky enough to have a 7.1 system, the bd of 3:10 to yuma sounds v v special.

TRENDING THREADS