Onkyo 807 & Denon 2310 reviews ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
WHFSV folk

Have you had any luck getting a 2310 from Denon for review as yet ? Also are you planning to review the Onkyo 807 any time soon ?

While I'm asking, any chance of a sneak peek at what receivers you are planning to review for the October issue/supertest ?

Many thanks.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And despite its name (blame our 13-issues-per-year schedule), the November issue will be in shops by 16th September - and with subscribers from 11th.

A

Anonymous

Andrew & Clare

Thank you so much for your rapid replies. You guys always amaze me with your ability to be omnipresent across the forums and the speed at which you manage to respond.

Hopefully one of the yet to be confirmed receivers in the Group Test is the Denon 2310. Either way I'll be waiting in the local newsagent for the November issue to hit the shelfs on September 16th.

Many thanks again.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Andrew,

Wanna borrow mine.........
emotion-5.gif

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard:AFAIK the 2310 is one of the other models requested, but we're yet to get confirmation it will be delivered in time for the review deadline.
Is demand for the 2310 really outstripping supply, or did they just not order/import enough at the outset? There seems to be an abundance of 1910's, but not many 2310's available.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It appears to be a shortage of review samples giving us problems - or it was when I was last in the office yesterday. Of course all that may have changed today...

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard:It appears to be a shortage of review samples giving us problems - or it was when I was last in the office yesterday. Of course all that may have changed today...
Mmmm. That implies that there are review samples, just not available to you at the moment. Perhaps they're with another magazine for review there first then (I know, it's an preposterous thought!)?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
wireman:Mmmm. That implies that there are review samples, just not available to you at the moment. Perhaps they're with another magazine for review there first then (I know, it's an preposterous thought!)?

holmes.jpg

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so we're on the money there.
Question: Denon 2310: Given that a positive review in an esteemed magazine such as WHF would increase sales of that product many times over (as I'm sure your enthusiastic review of the 1910 has done), why don't they just bite the bullet and send out a fresh box from their stores? A favourable review hitting your Awards issue is going to generate what kind of increase in sales? Against a cost to them of what, maybe £300/£400 for the box (even assuming it doesn't get returned)? It's small beer, given that a single A4 page ad in your magazine would cost them considerably more and generate far less return. Denon must be nuts to risk missing such an opportunity.

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Maybe Denon's Head of Marketing will get a change in job title in time for your Awards Issue... how about "non-essential personnel"? That long queue already waiting outside the door of the DSS will give him/her plenty of time to reflect!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:AFAIK the 2310 is one of the other models requested, but we're yet to get confirmation it will be delivered in time for the review deadline.

So, did the 2310 arrive in time for the review deadline?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the Denon AVR-2310 review will appear in our next issue - with subscribers from this Friday; in shops by Wednesday 16th. We've also got a review of the AVR-3310 in the very same magazine

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Yes, the Denon AVR-2310 review will appear in our next issue... We've also got a review of the AVR-3310 in the very same magazine

Ooooo (in excited tone)! With the speed you're cracking through these reviews, you'll have nothing left to talk about by your January issue!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not much danger of that, judging from the amount of equipment shown last week at IFA, the stuff we're expecting to see at the CEATEC show in Japan in a few weeks, and what we already know is on the way...

A

Anonymous

Does anyone have the review of how the onkyo 807 got on yet, I know its in the shops this week but someone must have already read it, cheers

A

Anonymous

if anyone has read the article on th onkyo 807. what speakers do they use, ive got a set of harman hkt 7s at the moment and i was thinking of adding a front set of floor standers, budget 400 allowing, ant ideas would be apreciated.

A

Anonymous

Maybe the new Wharfedale Diamond 10 range?

I will thake the Wharfedales for my receiver(still to buy,waiting for the reviews)or B&W 600 range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts