Onkyo 806 receiver problem

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
My 6 month old Onkyo 806 has started switching between cbl/sat and game/tv setting automatically every few seconds! I have unplugged and switched back on but it appears to default to this after a while.....any ideas anyone???

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
My 606 does this... but I know why.

I recently changed my TV to Panny P42V10 and all of a sudden my 606 would start changing inputs on it own.

It would appear that this is viera link in action that is changing the inputs on the 606.
So by adding a viera link enabled TV all of a sudden there is communication between the tv, the amp and the blu-ray and they all think they know best.

My 606 does this it is when there is nothing on any of the inputs and its hunting for one.
As the TV is hooked up via hdmi it is actually supplying a signal back via the HDMI to the 606 this really gets it in a tizz.

On my 606 in the HDMI settings is the onkyo equivalent of viera link ,Control, Power Control and TV Control.
Try disabling these or similar options.

Certainly disabling HDMI Control on the onkyo might prevent it.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Digi.....I'm away from home this week but I'll check tomorrow when I get home......I do remember switching on something in the Onk menu recently like 'tv control' or something similar.

A

Anonymous

grdunn<<< u can also try to reset the unit to the factory defult , i think u can do that by pressing on the Tape+power same time on the onkyo front panl, try to look in the manual it,s all there how to reset it but please KEEP IN MIND that u will loose all your manual seting including the audysse auto calibration that means u will have to re-do the auto setup again....hope this will help fixing the problem.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys....Digigriffin was right though, it was my Panasonic tv......I can relax again as I wasn't looking forward to lugging the Onk in to the dealer and being without an amp for God knows how long! Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts