Onkyo 8050 and bi wiring

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I have recently purchased an onkyo 8050 amp. I also have some mission x3 s. the onkyo comes with speakers input for speakers a and b , if I wanted to bi wire as an experiment would this be possible and advisable using the inputs for a and b .

Would I put all low freq in the 4 speaker A inputs ,and all 4 high freq in the 4 b inputs or is this crazy?

I have read throu the relative merits and non merits of bi wiring just wantd to give it a go to satisfy my own curiousity. Or is it totally In advisable with this amp.

Cheers martin

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Mrboots2u said:
Hi I have recently purchased an onkyo 8050 amp. I also have some mission x3 s. the onkyo comes with speakers input for speakers a and b , if I wanted to bi wire as an experiment would this be possible and advisable using the inputs for a and b .

Would I put all low freq in the 4 speaker A inputs ,and all 4 high freq in the 4 b inputs or is this crazy?

Outputs, those are OUTputs, the signal flows OUT of the amplifier.

I have read throu the relative merits and non merits of bi wiring just wantd to give it a go to satisfy my own curiousity. Or is it totally In advisable with this amp.

You don't need to use the B outputs, just run all the cables to the A speaker posts to bi-wire.

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Man, that's like when folks talk about UPloading stuff FROM the internet - that really gets my goat.

But yeah, just whack everything to the A posts.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
omnibeard said:
Man, that's like when folks talk about UPloading stuff FROM the internet - that really gets my goat.

Yes but the difference is if you get your inputs and outputs mixed up you could seriously damage your equipment (I'm still talking about hi-fi here btw), so I'm actually being helpful and friendly and that.

A

Anonymous

Got mine single wired now as well , sounds great. Any advice on reasonable price speaker cable for the set up?

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
I'm actually being helpful and friendly and that.

I don't doubt that for a moment!

I single wire this amp to my mission speakers, and have done same with AE109s. Having tried bi wiring (just cos I had some cable kicking around) I'm not convinced you're going to reap any significant rewards by doing so.

The_Lhc said:
Is anybody else hungry?

Nope, had porridge for breakfast. The oats release their energy slowly over a period of hours and keep me from snacking. Which is a good thing.

T

the record spot

Mrboots2u said:
Got mine single wired now as well , sounds great. Any advice on reasonable price speaker cable for the set up?

You could use 322-strand or 400+ strand cable. Maplins or companies online such as the rather good Digitalis Direct will do a good 5-10m for under £20. I replaced my Audiquest Type IV (approx £13/m these days) with 322-strand. Easier to lay, neater and sounds excellent.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
omnibeard said:
The_Lhc said:
I'm actually being helpful and friendly and that.

I don't doubt that for a moment!

You said that with a straight face didn't you? Bless you!

The_Lhc said:
Is anybody else hungry?

Nope, had porridge for breakfast. The oats release their energy slowly over a period of hours and keep me from snacking. Which is a good thing.

Doesn't do me any favours, that much lactose and gluten in one bowl...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts