• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Onkyo 8050 and bi wiring

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Hi I have recently purchased an onkyo 8050 amp. I also have some mission x3 s. the onkyo comes with speakers input for speakers a and b , if I wanted to bi wire as an experiment would this be possible and advisable using the inputs for a and b .

Would I put all low freq in the 4 speaker A inputs ,and all 4 high freq in the 4 b inputs or is this crazy?

I have read throu the relative merits and non merits of bi wiring just wantd to give it a go to satisfy my own curiousity. Or is it totally In advisable with this amp.

Cheers martin

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Mrboots2u said:
Hi I have recently purchased an onkyo 8050 amp. I also have some mission x3 s. the onkyo comes with speakers input for speakers a and b , if I wanted to bi wire as an experiment would this be possible and advisable using the inputs for a and b .

Would I put all low freq in the 4 speaker A inputs ,and all 4 high freq in the 4 b inputs or is this crazy?
Outputs, those are OUTputs, the signal flows OUT of the amplifier.

I have read throu the relative merits and non merits of bi wiring just wantd to give it a go to satisfy my own curiousity. Or is it totally In advisable with this amp.
You don't need to use the B outputs, just run all the cables to the A speaker posts to bi-wire.

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Man, that's like when folks talk about UPloading stuff FROM the internet - that really gets my goat.

But yeah, just whack everything to the A posts.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
omnibeard said:
Man, that's like when folks talk about UPloading stuff FROM the internet - that really gets my goat.
Yes but the difference is if you get your inputs and outputs mixed up you could seriously damage your equipment (I'm still talking about hi-fi here btw), so I'm actually being helpful and friendly and that.

A

Anonymous

Got mine single wired now as well , sounds great. Any advice on reasonable price speaker cable for the set up?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Mrboots2u said:
Any advice on reasonable price speaker cable for the set up?
Yes, use as much as you need to get from the amplifier to the speakers. HTH!!!

Is anybody else hungry?

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
The_Lhc said:
I'm actually being helpful and friendly and that.
I don't doubt that for a moment!

I single wire this amp to my mission speakers, and have done same with AE109s. Having tried bi wiring (just cos I had some cable kicking around) I'm not convinced you're going to reap any significant rewards by doing so.

The_Lhc said:
Is anybody else hungry?
Nope, had porridge for breakfast. The oats release their energy slowly over a period of hours and keep me from snacking. Which is a good thing.

T

the record spot

Mrboots2u said:
Got mine single wired now as well , sounds great. Any advice on reasonable price speaker cable for the set up?
You could use 322-strand or 400+ strand cable. Maplins or companies online such as the rather good Digitalis Direct will do a good 5-10m for under £20. I replaced my Audiquest Type IV (approx £13/m these days) with 322-strand. Easier to lay, neater and sounds excellent.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
omnibeard said:
The_Lhc said:
I'm actually being helpful and friendly and that.
I don't doubt that for a moment!
You said that with a straight face didn't you? Bless you!

The_Lhc said:
Is anybody else hungry?
Nope, had porridge for breakfast. The oats release their energy slowly over a period of hours and keep me from snacking. Which is a good thing.
Doesn't do me any favours, that much lactose and gluten in one bowl...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts