Onkyo 717 / 818 or Denon X3000

Ege

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have Pioneer S-VLF3-II (http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/archive/S-VLF3-II/page.html) set with Wharfdale center speaker working with Denon 1910.

I want to change my amfi (may be later on speakers too) with a newer model (wifi or at least ethernet connection needed) .

I am using my system for %20 music over ipad , %40 digital satellite reciever (mostly HD channels) and %20 HD movie playback from network harddrive, %10 playing games over HDMI from laptop, %10 movies over internet.

I am thinking about Denon X3000 or Denon 3313. on the other hand Onkyo gets my attention now a days. 616 has problems what I read from this forum, and also 717 and 818 would be better competitors of Denon products I check for. Does anyone has side to side experience? or any feedbacks?

regards,

Can Ege

note: tv is philips 7008 55" which dont have 4K

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
PS Don't know how true it is, but some people are saying the 828 is nowhere as good as the 818, so snap up an 818 if you can while they're still available.

Ege

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the advise.

I guess I can find 818 on the market and 828 are not yet started to be sold. My point is will I like the sound after Denon and will my speaker works fine under it. I dont want to spend money to change the speakers but if I can find a good system (and a buyer for my speaker) I can also change them too.

what is your speakers under 717?

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Klipsch Reference II Series with RF-42 fronts. Not the best for hifi as the bass cones (twin 4 1/2 inch cones) aren't really big enough but a Chrimbo pressie and the biggest 'er indoors would allow in the living room. Quite adequate for home theatre though. The Proac Studio 140s have to wait until we move and I can have my own "rumpus room".

As for a side-by-side comparison with Denon I have no idea.

Ege

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I found 818 in a good price becouse its second hand, owner moved to onkyo 5010 lately, I guess I will buy it.

thanks

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Good idea buying ti S/H. If you don't like it you can probably sell it on via a well-known internet auction site for more or less what you paid for it.

Enjoy.

T

the record spot

That's assuming the price is good, particularly given the Richer Sounds discounted price (currently £600).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts