onkyo 606 vs 875 help

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have a 606 exdemo which my dealer is letting me borrow for a couple of days £340-£350 he is after i have been reading the forum today and see that a refurbished tx -sr875 in black is in stock for £500 i am buying on friday 24th the web site is exceptional av, 3 questions

1- has anyone used that web site or know anything about them?

2- for £150 is the upgrade worth it as i will have ps3 , xbox 360 , wii , sky hd , cambridge audio 640 h cd player and my speakers are montior audio Br5's Br1's and Br centre.I just use some 2.50 a metere cable seems fine to me?

3 - £500 is my budget am i on the right track or is there better amps for the money?

A

Anonymous

Yes, I bought my 875 from there and was great service.
I would go for the 875 cos ast that price it is pretty unbeatable at the mo.
Should be fine with your speakers, I am using similar quality speakers my - Mordaunt Shorts and it is still very good.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
I'd go for the 875, definitely.

Seen lots of good comments for exceptional-av on this site, but my own experience back in December wasn't good - when you say "in stock", have you spoken to them? I ordered a refurb 875 in December and their website said "in stock" but that was a complete lie. After two weeks of waiting (I'm not very patient) I cancelled the order. If you haven't done so already, phone them and get confirmation that they definitely have it in stock.ÿ

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:no not phoned them so ill guess there not in stock.ÿ

Well, maybe my experience was a one off - at the time they said they had supply problems from Onkyo, and laid the blame squarely with them. What really annoyed me was that they took my money knowing full well that they didn't have anything in stock, and sent me an email "confirming" next day delivery meaning I took the day off work to receive the delivery. When nothing had arrived by about 4pm I phoned them, to get the story that they had been expecting delivery from Onkyo for two weeks but nothing had arrived. This was the story I got every time I subsequently called (every 3 days or so), until I finally gave up.

But I've also seen posters on here that have had no such problems with them. All I'm saying is don't believe the "in stock" statement on the website until you've got confirmation by phone. I know I was bitterly disappointed at the time...