Onkyo 606 Listening Modes Help Please !!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am totally baffled by this 'listening modes' in the setup, i was wandering if i list how i have things connected if someone could give me some ideas what these must be set to to give me maxium benefit please guys.

Sky HD - HDMI & Optical

Samsung BDP 1400 Blu Ray - HDMI

Apple TV - HDMI

XBOX3 360 - Component & Optical

I really dont understand the listening mode functions to get full quality sound with this, plus do you think these are all connected correctly.

Cheers Guys

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Connections all look okay to me.
Do you mean the Listening Mode presets? I think these are just a way to ensure you always get the amp switched to your favourite mode whenever it receives a certain signal, so you don't have to change itself manually. For example, if you set Dolby Digital to Dolby Digital, it means when the amp receives a Dolby Digital signal, it will switch from whatever surround mode it's in to the Dolby Digital format. On the other hand, if you have a 7.1 setup, you might choose the preset to be one of the THX modes so that, whenever it receives a Dolby Digital signal, it switches to this so they get the benefit of THX's processing to virtualise the sound going to the surround back speakers. I have most of mine set to Last Valid and just choose what I want when I'm playing at the moment, but may go through them all at some point as I get more familiar with the differences and begin to know what I prefer depending on which signal is coming in.
This is my understanding anyway, if anyone knows better, please let us both know!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts