onkyo 605 subwoofer/impending divorce

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, Im new here and this is my first post so be gentle.

since xmas I have bought a ps3, sky hd and a new tv (the 37" panasonic lcd), and at the end of april i am going to buy the onkyo 605( i have also been offered the yamaha dspax861 for the same price, any thoughts).

anyway, the only speakers i have at the moment, are 5 new pioneer speakers, and the passive sub left from my old 5.1 system, my question is, will the passive sub work with the onkyo 605, untill i can afford a new one. Or do i need to but an active(powered) sub and risk the wrath of my wife.

cheers all

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, you will need an active sub - the passive one won't work with the Onkyo I'm afraid. So sounds like you'll have to start negotiating with your wife!

A

Anonymous

god damn it,

deleted - no sales or wants ads please - mods

also, how long before i can actually buy a 606 onkyo, do we think it will be the same price

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="boogi11"]also, how long before i can actually buy a 606 onkyo, do we think it will be the same price[/quote]

No idea, and while the US pricing suggests it should be the same price as the the 605, again who knows with the way the currency markets and everything else is going at the mo.

After all, we're talking pound v euro v yen here - lots of scope for movement there...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts