Onkyo 605 problem playing Dolby True HD on some discs

Gazuk

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Ive had several problems when playing dolby true hd on my Onkyo 605 from some discs. When i play Cars The display on the onkyo shows dolby true hd flashing but dosent output any sound and when i play I Am legend (USA version) if i fast forward during playback,when i press playback again there is no sound and i have to go through the audio options and then the reciever will click back in and play.I have heard that there is a firmware to fix this problem and i just wondered if anyone else has had these problems and whether they have updated the firmware??

Cheers

Gary

A

Anonymous

Hi Gazuk
I had exactly the same problem with my Cars blu ray recently. I fiddled with the settings on both the onkyo and the blu ray player (Samsung BD-P1400) with no joy. There is also apparently an issue with DTS Master Audio where it can turn the volume up to full without warning on certain discs. I looked on the Onkyo website where it states a firmware update is necessary to fix these issues. I emailed Genserve (Onkyo's service agent) who said the unit would have to be sent to them to have a couple of capacitors changed and a firmware update. Not trusting this i got in touch with AV Land where I bought the amp and they are sending out firmware update discs to those that need it. It should be here soon so I'll try it and let you know the results. I think this only affects older 605s that have a particular firmware number. Sorry for waffling and not really answering the question.

A

Anonymous

Hello again
Got the firmware update installed but it's not made any difference. Might have to send the amp off to Genserve. Does anyone else have any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts