admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

Can anybody out there tell me where I stand with Onkyo. I had purchased a Onkyo txsr875 home cinema receiver as it looked to be prety good. Got it hooked up to my tv and ps3 and found that it would not process certain sound formats. So after contacting Onkyo they told me I needed a firmware update and I had to send it back. So I wrapped it up in bubble wrap (several times) and put it in a box. The courier company then came and collected it. Several days later I received a phone call telling me that it had been broken on the way and because I didnt package it properly that it was my problem and I will have to have it back in that condition. Now after spending a small fortune on the thing is that really the way Onkyo should be treating its customers If anbody has any advise it would be very much appreciated!!!!!

A

Anonymous

No it wasnt. I had thrown the old box out. However it was well protected in bubble wrap and then in a strong box. So it must have been thrown around on its journey!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

From what you have said, you did the best you could.

Onkyo haven't done anything wrong, assuming it arrived in that state.

:

I would be asking serious questions of the courier you used. I take it that you had courier insurance(or equiv.) given it is a high value item.

A

Anonymous

The trouble is genserve (or what ever they call themselves) arranged the courier. They are the company who service, upgrade ect all the Onkyo products. I was just ask to have the product ready for collection on a certain date. But I didnt think that i had to sort out insurance myself!!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Mug, can you email me via the Contact Us button with a summary of this plus your details and i'll pass this directly onto Onkyo - at the very least they need to know the cavalier attitude of their service company....And who knows, they may help out.

TRENDING THREADS