One sub or two subs

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, i would like to hear someones opinion on this. At the moment my system consists of a naim AV2 fed to a three channel amp and for stereo is then fed to a linn, naim six pack isobarik system, rears are shiniann super elfs speakers and the centre is a naim axent speaker and the tv is a pioneer LX5090. The sub is a M&K MX350 and i was wondering to add another to the system. The manual says by adding another sub improves dynamics and i would imagine the base would be flow more easily, what do you think, good idea or over kill ?....thanks.

A

Anonymous

super:Hi all, i would like to hear someones opinion on this. At the moment my system consists of a naim AV2 fed to a three channel amp and for stereo is then fed to a linn, naim six pack isobarik system, rears are shiniann super elfs speakers and the centre is a naim axent speaker and the tv is a pioneer LX5090. The sub is a M&K MX350 and i was wondering to add another to the system. The manual says by adding another sub improves dynamics and i would imagine the base would be flow more easily, what do you think, good idea or over kill ?....thanks.
Excellent artice in this months HCC magazine regarding multiple subs , quite a few articles online if you care to search. Overkill / some suggest having 4 subs so no

I am considering another MX-350 myself along with an Audessey Sub EQ

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply lesmor, i did a search round like you said and there seems to be a positive approach to the subject. Now to see where i can get a MX-350 at the cheapest place.

A

Anonymous

super:Thanks for the reply lesmor, i did a search round like you said and there seems to be a positive approach to the subject. Now to see where i can get a MX-350 at the cheapest place.
Try this £1995.00 if itis in stock of course

http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes, that was the place i found earlier and i think that's about the cheapest. I was also looking at the M&K MX-5000 and was wondering how much better that would be, but it is nearly a grand more. Never seen any reviews on that model.

A

Anonymous

super:Yes, that was the place i found earlier and i think that's about the cheapest. I was also looking at the M&K MX-5000 and was wondering how much better that would be, but it is nearly a grand more. Never seen any reviews on that model.
MX-5000 is discontinued if you select it , thats why I caution in stock for MX-350 , dont' know why a company would still show a 5000 ?

Also dont mix models if you are going to use 2 subs

A

Anonymous

super:Well the answer to the question, two subs are better than one. Took delivery today of a second MX-350 and it is truely out of this world.
Snap ,although not setup yet

How did you go about intergrating them?

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
lesmor, i've got them each side of my left and right front speakers, which was really the only practical way for me. Though the manual says you could have them stacked on top of each other or side by side. Still got to fine tune them, especially the new one as it is quite different from the old original one.

A

Anonymous

super:lesmor, i've got them each side of my left and right front speakers, which was really the only practical way for me. Though the manual says you could have them stacked on top of each other or side by side. Still got to fine tune them, especially the new one as it is quite different from the old original one.
Thanks for that Super , interesting that you find a difference between the old and new , didn't realise you had an old model.

Out of curiousity which do you prefer beween them ?

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
The main differences are more on the physical side as in the back panel switching arrangement is slightly different(size dimensions they are the same). The new has auto-on/on/off switch whereas the old is just on/off and the new has a glossier finish. Sound wise they do sound identical but the new has a 400w amp against 350w of the old and you can see that when turning up the volume.

MoJoe

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I use two systems independently of each other. One for tv/dvd and one for stereo. Each has it's own set of speakers and I have 2 amplifiers. However I have one sub. Would it be possible to use rca phono leads (I call them 2-2) plugged into both both amps at the same time so that the sub will work if iam listening to music or if I am watching a movie. Obviously not having both systems running at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts