one for big chris - wiki

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
timwileman:todays featured article is on 'opeth' if memory serves isnt this big chris's fave band?

Sweet! Thank you Tim! You've made my Christmas card list!

Off to see them this Thursday at Hammersmith......Can't wait!

A

Anonymous

I have just been listening to the album "Watershed" off Napster. Blimey, it sounds like the the devil in a tantrum with a crescendo of a million falling grand pianos.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Octopo:I have just been listening to the album "Watershed" off Napster. Blimey, it sounds like the the devil in a tantrum with a crescendo of a million falling grand pianos.
'Watershed' is very good, but it's not a patch on 'Blackwater Park'.

Non-metallers should really take a listen to 'Damnation'. It's a great album, no growly vocals, just acoustic guitars and organs and such..... Quality mellow Opeth.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Reminds me of a grueling night going with a mate to see Napalm Death some years ago
emotion-7.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Well. They were very good. I'd say a solid 7/10.

IMO not as good as the Roundhouse gig from a couple of years ago because.

1. Frederic Akeson (Or whatever his name is), doesn't seem to be 100% fluent with the material yet. Peter was much more integral to the sound and it was much more fluid last time (No doubt this will improve over time)

2. The sound wasn't as clear, the Roundhouse gig was almost CD quality, not so the Shepherds Bush Empire.

3. They didn't play 'Blackwater Park'! (But they did play 'Deliverance', so that took the edge off somewhat).

4. I was more comfortable at the Roundhouse, but I guess I can't blame Opeth for that!

'Cynic' were good, again suffering from a below par sound. But most pleasant surprise of the night went to the first band called 'The Ocean'. I'd never even heard of this band before the gig, but they were really good. Kind of like a heavier 'Isis'. Might have to check them out on Myspace or something.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:'Deliverance' was the dogs chods
emotion-4.gif

Don't tell me they played 'Blackwater Park'! I'll be f*@ked off!

I love 'Deliverance', excellent song from start to finish and probably my favourite guitar solo from all Opeth songs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts