One box for home extension

Handypandy22

Mar 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi all

First time poster here.

I'm in the middle of a home extension which will create a room approximately 7x6 metres in size. It's going to have a wooden floor throughout.

My current system is a Denon PMA 720AE amp, Nad C516BEE CD player and a Project Debut 2 turntable. Speakers are Mission M71i.

I'm using the extension as an opportunity to upgrade / get a second system.

If my wife gets her way we'll end up with a one box solution and my current system relegated to the office because, in her words, "it's really ugly".

I'd be open to a one box but can't imagine any will be powerful enough for the size of the room.

Anyone got any experience of one box systems in larger spaces? Muso 2 maybe?

My extension is pretty much the same size at 7m sq. I'd guess it depends upon how loud and immersive you want it to be - I have heard a friend's Muso and it was OK, but that was in a room maybe 3.5m x 4m.

A bit of quid pro quo bribing, perhaps? Or you could have concealed speaker cabling and have a unit built in so the kit can be out of sight when not in use?

The number of people I hear say their spouse won't let them have proper gear - heart-breaking!

rainsoothe

Wait, the one box has to include the speakers? If yes, check out Vifa Stockholm 2.0. If not, look at Marantz PM7000 or even Melody X (or a sh Naim Unitiqute 2) and a pair of Dali Oberon 5 (which are unfussy about positioning and are real lookers).

Dom

I think HiFi doesn't look ugly.
05f8f12285163600dc40e1ea8b94d182.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 116933

Dev phantom reactor/silver/gold springs to mind massive power more than able to fill that space. And if you want 2 you can add a second for stereo

Handypandy22

Mar 29, 2020
Visit site
Not wrong about the Kefs, and I think the suggestion of hiding the wiring is probably the way I'll go. More bang for buck, also, compared to buying a one box.

As long as I can find a suitable piece of furniture to hide the amp and CD I think I'll get away with some good looking speakers....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts