Olive for streaming...

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Anyone running the o2m unit or any other Olive product for streaming only?

On the face of it look intersting for streaming duties. 24bit 96khz through its digital output which will then drop into my DAC for processing with anything above 96khz downsampled. I'm running an iMac and either FLAC or WAV as it wont convert ALAC, thats something else and will be another thread unless anyone can suggest an easy move away from iTunes, conversion, meta etc.

So are these units stable with no drop outs? Any issues with iMacs running FLAC or WAV i need to be aware with? Are they user friedly or a pig?

Any help and info appreciated :cheers:

John Duncan

In which case I'm not sure id'd be paying for a quality audio out and would be getting a simpler streaming device like a Squeezebox Touch (while you still can) or getting something that does everything you want in one box like my Stream Magic (which with latest firmware decodes ALAC and sounds terrific).

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Yep i could get a Squeezebox but i'm just not sure how long Logitech will look after it and what will be available in a year or so's time, radio etc. As they have pulled it with no statement to say whats happening with support it may be money wasted, i'm not sure on it.

The Stream Magic does look interesting and would make life easier in the file department, is it a pain running FLAC from a Mac? Apart from the file issue are there other benefits to the stream? Looks wise, jurys out and i would have to see one in the flesh, it looks like brushed alley which would fit in though the o2m is abit more fresh looking, just a personal taste.

I think a trip to Richer Sounds to look at the Cambridge would have to be on the cards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts