Oled or Samsung suhd

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So not yet pulled the trigger on a new tv seen and have always had my eye on the lg 55ec930v £1300 or Samsung ue48js9000 suhd £1400 both curved screens which I'm fine with both look nice when seen in John Lewis but which would you go for... I'm still unsure about 4K if to go for or not

D

Deleted member 2457

Aqua said:
So not yet pulled the trigger on a new tv seen and have always had my eye on the lg 55ec930v £1300 or Samsung ue48js9000 suhd £1400 both curved screens which I'm fine with both look nice when seen in John Lewis but which would you go for... I'm still unsure about 4K if to go for or not
I would and have gone Oled way and don't regret it at all. I am even thinking not to upgrade to 4K Oled because I already like it so much. Crampton and Moore are doing the 930 for £1270 now too. Just get it from John Lewis incase it has a tint colour such as green etc then you can swap it easy. Then hopefully you will get a good one.

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Am I likely to get an issue with tint then ? Not very good if I have to swap it . Do like both of these TVs. There was also a Sony tv tht caught my eye when I was in there had the wedge design with the speakers ethier side.

D

Deleted member 2457

Aqua said:
Am I likely to get an issue with tint then ? Not very good if I have to swap it . Do like both of these TVs. There was also a Sony tv tht caught my eye when I was in there had the wedge design with the speakers ethier side.
It is possible with the tint but the TV is amazing and is better than a Pioneer Kuro, it's the best 2D TV you can buy. They have the LG 55eg910 Oled too at £1350 here, but that has some tint issues too.

http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Oled+tv

You might not even notice the tint, the aggro is worth it. John Lewis will price match with these.

D

Deleted member 2457

Aqua said:
The Sony with the speakers either side is very good but expensive. How much did you see it for? 4K is especially good, not sure how compatible it is with 4K though because it is a bit older now.

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
That is the Sony yes they where selling that as normal think about £1500-1700 which is a lot more than the oled really. It's hard to no what to do all nice. I could even wait do you think the price of the lg will come down much lower than £1300

D

Deleted member 2457

Aqua said:
That is the Sony yes they where selling that as normal think about £1500-1700 which is a lot more than the oled really. It's hard to no what to do all nice. I could even wait do you think the price of the lg will come down much lower than £1300
Its hard to say, CES2016 is in early January 2016 I would wait till then and see what OLEDs they are announcing. I think this time they could all be 4K so price might be high to start with. £1300 is not bad though I am pretty impressed with that, it could drop further, so could the LG55eg910. That could even go to a £1000 at half price.

D

Deleted member 2457

That Sony is nice yes, it was probably the best 4K I have demoed on that TV. I don't think the new Sony TVs are as good though.

toonboy

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking the same ,I want 65 inch tv and cant decide between the LG oled or samsung 8500/9000, both get great reviews, 4k / 3d/ hdr dont bother me too much just want great picture quality.

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks gel.. I'm guessing the Sony is that price tag because of the speakers built in.. I've seen the oled £1300 in a currys store not to far from me so could pick it up Asap but I'm not the greatest fan of currys do prefer buying from JL

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Aqua said:
Thanks gel.. I'm guessing the Sony is that price tag because of the speakers built in.. I've seen the oled £1300 in a currys store not to far from me so could pick it up Asap but I'm not the greatest fan of currys do prefer buying from JL

the sony is inferior to the samsung, i dont get why anybody would buy that for the price. maybe if it was £1200..

the sony has 8 bit panel vs 10 bit samsung, the samsung is brighter for HDR (600 nits vs 550, supposedly) and it isnt a huge with the speakers. who needs them? most people on WHF have sound bars or proper home cinema.

i was tempted to get the sony originally. then seen it is 8 bit which seems like a ripoff.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
toonboy said:
I am thinking the same ,I want 65 inch tv and cant decide between the LG oled or samsung 8500/9000, both get great reviews, 4k / 3d/ hdr dont bother me too much just want great picture quality.

4k and hdr both add to picture quality though. you say this now but once you see a proper demo of 4k hdr content on a UHD blu ray player you wont want to go back. you'll kick yourself for getting a 1080p tv, even if it is OLED. i'd get a 4k oled in a year, OR a 4k tv such as the samsung 8500. the 9000 has a fan in the one connect box which makes noise, but the blacks are a little bit better although i couldnt tell a difference in side by side demo.

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
toonboy said:

4k and hdr both add to picture quality though. you say this now but once you see a proper demo of 4k hdr content on a UHD blu ray player you wont want to go back. you'll kick yourself for getting a 1080p tv, even if it is OLED. i'd get a 4k oled in a year, OR a 4k tv such as the samsung 8500. the 9000 has a fan in the one connect box which makes noise, but the blacks are a little bit better although i couldnt tell a difference in side by side demo

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Aqua said:
The Samsung 8500 models are not a bad price I've seen. although not 55" the Samsung 48" 9000 looks good and that was £1400

i got my 55" js8500 for £1468 back in early november. now they are around the same price (i had them price beat at richer sounds)

if i could afford the 55" 9000 back at the time i'd go for that, like the silver bezel and the stand is better. along with slightly better blacks and octa core processor which can help for apps. either work fine although that was £1800..not worth £350 more

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts