Old Technics direct drive turntable(SL-5200)

Grahamwhib

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I have an old turntable in perfect working order which I would like to get working I did buy a preamp but never got it going mainly due to the lack of amplifier I have a Bennan and a Samsung smart tv is there anyway I could use the amplifing facilities of these to avoid another lump of kit

Grahamwhib said:
I have an old turntable in perfect working order which I would like to get working I did buy a preamp but never got it going mainly due to the lack of amplifier I have a Bennan and a Samsung smart tv is there anyway I could use the amplifing facilities of these to avoid another lump of kit

No, not as far as I am aware. Neither has an amplifier you can utilise.

If you are going to attempt to get into vinyl then do it properly to avoid disappointed.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
He's bought a pre-amp, which one assumes means a phono stage, so provided the Brennan has a line-in it should be ok.

Assuming it's a phono pre-amp, maybe yes. Not sure whether the Brennan can directly amplify a line input, though I suspect it can, or only play what itstores internally via its built in amp. But yes, he'd be better off with a used integrated amp from somewhere like ebay for about £100 or so.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts