Old-style lightweight (physically) headphones needed

Retne

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

So I'm buying a (somewhat belated) Christmas present for my 71 year old father.

I originally bought a Sennheiser 202 for him, but these are far too big. I hadn't been told at the time these are for cliff-walk duties only. I am now using the 202 to replace some headphones I lost (not sure how I lost these - I never took them out, they were mostly for playing my keyboard late at night).

Anyway, I need some of the very lightweight headphones of the type you would get before in-ear became the standard with audio equipment.

I wondered about the Skullcandy Icon's, but am not sure if they're small enough - it's hard to get an exact scale from pics with no person in them. There is also the issue of style...

Budget is around £20-£30. The sound source will be an old iPod shuffle with low bitrate ripping.

He isn't keen on the around the head sytle 'phones, but, come to think of it, he usually wears a cap while walking (when he wants the music) so that may actually be ideal. Not sure if he'll be persuadeable though.

Is anyone able to help?

Ta muchly for reading.

R

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I have a pair of Sennheiser PX200 which are small, foldable and lightweight. The PX100 are also very similar and are within your budget if you shop around online. I would recommend them.

Retne

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Cheers both.

I got a bit distracted by your headphone range, idc (very nice), but had a look at Binman's suggestion and they seem good, possibly a bit on the large size, not sure, very hard to tell on the pic. He really is after small - pic 10308531 at sciendmuseum's website shows what I mean.

But that brings me to idc's suggestion... what, a shop, a physical shop where I have to actually get up and move around? Crazy talk.

Err, no, good idea, I will go and look especially at the PX200's if they have them.

Cheers both

R

TRENDING THREADS