old sky dish

daveh75

The Short answer is yes, but you will have to re-align it to astra2 as i mentioned in your other thread.

But as your dish was used on astra1, in all likelyhood it's been up 10+ year's and will have seen better day's. Also the cable almost certainly wont be to modern Digital/Satellite spec's.....

My advice,change it and the cable!

A

Anonymous

hi daveh75 thanks i think the dish is about 8 or 9 years old could it be ok for free sat if i remember right a had a grundig receiver thanks daveh75

daveh75

It really depends on whether it was an old Sky analogue system which used astra1 at 19east or a sky digital system.Sky digital and Freesat both use Astra2 at 28.2 east. theoretically it could of been either system you had as Sky digital was launched in october 1998 but the anologue service wasn't switched off till 2001!

But my advice is still change it either way, Sky dishes dont weather well and neither does the cable. Not changing it is a false economy IMHO, Dish/LNB/cabling doesn't cost the earth and may as well start a fresh rather than have problem's later on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts