Old PV1 or new ASW608 with the new M1 sats?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Yamaha RXV-861 has unfortunately given up the ghost :cry: , but on the bright side I'm using it's death as an excuse to upgrade my set up all around. :grin:

I'll likely be going for Yamaha amplification again, and so for speakers have been considering the B&W MT-50 as I figure the Yamaha's inherent warmth will match well with the leaner B&W sound (I am lining up a demo at my local retailer for a listen).

However, I have a friend who has an older PV1 sub (i.e. an original PV1 not a PV1D) that he wants to part with and has offered to me for a decent price given what they have been going for on auction sites so that a set of new M1s with the older PV1 comes out at about the same price as an MT-50 package.

So my question is, would the new ASW608 sub from the MT-50 package or the older PV1 be a better bet to match with the new M1 sats?

Always willing to hear suggestion on amplification too :)

Thanks

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
If it were me i would go for the ASW610 subwoofer with the speakers you suggest. That will leave you around £900 - £1000 for an a/v amp.

Ex-display or clearance Yamaha A/V Amps can be a real bargain especially at this time of year, for example Clicky or this Clicky & many of them come with a full manufacturers warranty of 2 years. Perhaps not the only amps to consider to go with the speakers you are looking at & i would get a demo before making a final choice.

Regards...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts